Snowboard Cross – Full time British program
As the last two seasons have seen the senior full time (over 17yrs) British Snowboard Cross (SBX) Program over subscribed, as of 10th January 2018, we are now opening up the athlete list for applicants to join the program on the 1st October 2018 at the British Team (GBX) base in Austria to ensure a fair system is in place. Further details about the senior full time SBX program can be found below including costings.
If you join now your name will be added to the athlete list then in the last week in April you will find out if you have a provisional place.
In simple terms, if you want to join the British Snowboard Cross Team (GBX) in Austria from the 1st October 2018 to 31st March 2019 and train, travel and compete for Great Britain throughout Europe for 6 months, then please join the athlete list otherwise the program may become full.
A non refundable deposit of £500 will be collected upon joining the list. This will be returned if you are not selected, if you are selected this will be put towards your core costs.
- 6 month on snow SBX program running from 1st October to the 31st March in Austria (Mayrhofen area is our base)
- October, November and most of December are spent training at our base in Austria.
- January, February and March are spent training at our base and competing in SBX competitions around Europe.
- Travel to/from team base to all training and competition venues around Europe.
- Nutritional support.
- Core Cost:- £6000 for the season.
- Accomodation cost at our team base in Austria is €400 p/month for 6 months = €2400. (All full time program costs are fixed costs, we do not supply food/drink, lift pass, insurance etc – we only supply what is mentionned above.)
- To join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.