Email email@example.com if you want to join the GBX Snowboard Cross team for the 2018/19 season (starts 1st October 2018)….
As the last two seasons have seen the senior full time (over 17yrs) GBX snowboard cross Program over subscribed, we are now opening up the athlete list for applicants for the 2018/19 season to ensure a fair system is in place. Further details of the full time SBX program can be found at the bottom of this post.
The current program comes to a close on the 31st March 2018 when the team returns back to the UK. During the first 3 weeks in April we will know which of these athletes will be continuing next season and thus how many spots will become available to new applicants, official team selection for new athletes will therefore begin on the 23rd April 2018.
At this point we will revert to the athlete list and pending selection to the team (we will be running selection events in the UK and abroad from late March 2018), the athletes on the list will be the first to be offered spots on the program.
In simple terms, if you want to join the GBX Team in Austria from the 1st October 2018 to 31st March 2019 and train, travel and compete for your country throughout Europe for 6 months, then please join the athlete list now otherwise you may be dissapointed if the program is full.
A non refundable deposit of £750 will be collected upon joining the list if you need to attend a selection event. This will be returned if you are not selected, if you are selected this will be put towards your core costs. If you dont need to attend a selection event (ie have attended camps with the team already this season) then we can offer you a place immediately – in this case we will send out the team agreement and collect £750 from the £6000 core costs. We will then collect the remaining core costs (£5250) by the 1st July 2018. We will collect the accomodation costs €2400 (6 months x €400) on the 1st August 2018.
Why not have a quick look at the latest GBX snowboard cross Team Video from this season…
- 6 month on snow SBX program running from 1st October to the 31st March in Austria (Mayrhofen area is our base)
- October, November and most of December are spent training at our base in Austria with full coaching, on snow training will be mostly in Hintertux and also some of the time in Pitztal.
- January, February and March are spent training at our base and competing in SBX competitions around Europe with full coaching. On snow training will be in the Mayrhoffen / Zillertal area.
- Travel to/from team base to all training and competition venues around Europe.
- Nutritional support.
- Core Cost:- £6000 for the season.
- Accomodation cost at our team base in Austria is €400 p/month for 6 months = €2400. (All full time program costs are fixed costs, we do not supply food/drink, lift pass, insurance etc – we only supply what is mentionned above.)
- To join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more:- http://www.gbxsquad.com/joinourteam/